Wednesday 12 May 2010

ME/CFS/LYME DISEASE AWARENESS

There have been some excellent posts I have read from the internet on ME/CFS/Lyme Disease awareness but the one that really caught my attention was that posted by Laurel from Dreams at Stake. I hope you will take time to read her post here.

Thank you Laurel for all the effort and precious energy you spend in raising awareness of these truly awful illnesses.

I was one of the few to be diagnosed with Lyme Disease after 4 years of being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, then ME/CFS, Arthritis and Muscle Weakness and then Polymyalgia Rheumatica.

I was one of the lucky to be treated on long term antibiotics and recover from debilitating and painful symptoms of Arthritis and Muscle Weakness but also some Peripheral Neuropathies.

Coincidentally today happens to be the bimonthly meeting of patients local to me in Guildford Surrey. Although we don't all get to the meeting there must be about 20 people I am in touch with all with Chronic Lyme Disease, many previously diagnosed with ME/CFS. So much for our HPA saying Lyme Disease is so rare and without a doubt there will be many more that I am not aware of or they are not aware their symptoms could be as a result of Lyme Disease.

If every person with a diagnosis of ME/CFS or Lyme Disease could spare just a small amount of money to donate to the Whittemore Peterson Institute it could make a differnece in supporting their work in moving forward with research on XMRV whilst our governments remain in denial.
Links to donate here.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking to my blog, Joanne. I"m off to make a donation to the WPI now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Laurel, you reminded me to donate to WPI.
    I then read Hilary Johnson's blog

    http://oslersweb.com/blog.htm?post=700212

    and was so pleased I had donated even if it was only a small amount.

    I have decided that if ME/CFS is Tuskegee II then Lyme Disease must be Tuskegee III

    ReplyDelete