Saturday 29 May 2010

A LITTLE AWARENESS


A little awareness can go a long way.
I was pleasantly surprised to hear that the Tidings , The Teddington Society Newsletter had included a warning about Lyme disease, it had been mentioned on Eurolyme by a fellow patient who had been treated in the local walk in clinic in that area.
I was even more surprised to find that my constant talking about Lyme disease had had some affect on my brother in law and he sent me the Tiddings with a note to say ' Have a look at the enclosed--- as I have been 'banging on' in this area about the problem of Lyme Disease since you were infected!
This was a good start in the right direction especially as Bushy Park and Richmond Park have not only been known areas where Lyme disease is endemic but they have been part of research done there in the 1990's on park workers, many of which were infected but without symptoms. I wonder how well those Park workers all are now, 20 years later and if it would even occur to them that health problems can sometimes relate to a tick bite many years earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment