Wednesday 3 February 2010

WHAT OTHER CO INFECTIONS ARE THERE?

Those of you who follow my blogs will realise that my illness was diagnosed as ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, muscle weakness, Poly Myalgia Rheumatica before a chance course of antibiotics led to a diagnosis of Lyme Disease. It took many months of antibiotics before my symptoms finally resolved and I now have no pain, arthritis, fibromyalgia, muscle weakness, disability, I am no longer on any medication and can live a normal life.

One of the complications of Lyme Disease is the question of what else is passed onto us that can make our illness more difficult to test for and treat. Finding and identifying co infections can go a long way to helping patients get the right treatments.

This was an interesting video I came across on U tube. I am aware of Dr Sapi's valued work.

I will just point out that Lyme Disease is not just limited to the area being mentioned below but can be found widespread throughout America and Europe as well as many other countries.

'Dr.Eva Sapi is currently doing research on Lyme Disease ,one of the most common tick borne disease in Humans in the North western part of America . She is currently pursuing here research in Univ of New Haven, Connecticut. I am proud to be here student.'



I posted about Dr Eva Sapi in this earlier post about Biofilms because she was involved with finding Borrelia (Lyme disease) forming Biofilms. At that time I had been unable to find a link into Eva Sapi's work but since I have found this on Under Our Skin website well worth a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment