Sunday 20 January 2019

WILLY BURGDORFER - LYME DISEASE A BIOWEAPONS EXPERIMENT GONE WRONG.



From Kris Newby Senior Producer of Under our Skin.
'I’m happy to announce that my narrative nonfiction book, “BITTEN: The Secret History of Lyme Disease and Biological Weapons,” can now be pre-ordered from your favorite book retailer: https://www.harpercollins.com/9780062896278/bitten/

About 5 years ago, I received a videotaped interview of Lyme discoverer Willy Burgdorfer saying that the Lyme disease outbreak was caused by a bioweapons experiment gone wrong. It was a stunning confession given his reputation, and I knew I couldn’t walk away from it.


BITTEN takes readers on my investigation of this claim, starting with Willy’s role in weaponizing ticks, fleas, and mosquitoes for the U.S. military’s bioweapons program, and ending with evidence supporting the theory that this epidemic began around Long Island Sound in 1968 as fallout from a secret bioweapons release.'


The epilogue of BITTEN: 
“I believe that history will judge the tick-borne disease outbreak that began in 1968 to be one of the worst public health failures of the last century … The myopic focus on only one of the tick diseases, Lyme disease, has led to treatment delays and fatalities in patients who have serious mixed infections. Physicians urgently need rapid screening tests and the freedom to use clinical judgement in treating these complex patient cases — without the real and present danger of losing their medical licenses.”

If you want to join Kris in this campaign to educate a worldwide audience on the importance of increasing funding and treatment options for tick-borne diseases, here’s how you can help:
Preorder the book *now* if you think you’ll eventually want to read it: TV, radio and podcasters are currently using these tallies to prioritize and schedule author interviews for May, Lyme awareness month.

Word-of-mouth makes a difference: Forward this email to your Lyme-community lists.

Please send Kris any media or celebrity connections that might be helpful in this campaign.

Do you have conferences, Lyme groups, or indie bookstores where you’d like Kris to give a talk? HarperCollins will be sending me on a book tour May through the summer and I’ll add these to my list.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Under Our Skin - http://underourskin.com/film/

5 comments:

  1. My family fight w lyme and co infections is part of under our skin documentary. What a nightmare. I am an RN and hosted 2 seminars re same with USF/Morton Plant Hospital/All Children’s Hospital all in Pinellas County Florida. I continue to get referrals. Please add me to your email list and let me know if I can be of assistance in any way! Thanks for what you are doing! Pamela Marks, RN Sunny Slopes Organic Farms/Yellow Bay Orchards, Bigfork, Montana. Lyme, bartonella, Babesia and mycoplasma survivor—- never ever give up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking for contact info for Kris Newby to invite to our annual Lyme conference this May. I can be reached at abennett@stlyme.org - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can the video be shared? is it available to the public?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the video is available to the public, please share.

      Delete