Multi-systemic Infectious Disease Syndrome.- MSIDS
The same pathogensis and biological effects are seen in multiple disease processes: Chronic Lyme Disease, Autoimmune disorders, CFS, FMS, E.I./MCS, ADS, linking the multiple etiologies in these diseases to the differential diagnosis in MSIDS
MSIDS provides a map for Chronic Diseases.
Richard Horowitz presentation to a forum in New York State.
Optimal Diagnostic and Therapeutic modalities are presently undefined but treating using the 15 point differential diagnostic map in MSIDS helps.
- Infectionsa. bacterial Lyme Disease, Elhrichiosis, Bartonella, Mycoplasma, Chlamydia, RMSF, Typhus, Tulerimia, Q Fever, Tick Paralysis.b.Parasites Babesiosis and other piroplasms, filiariasis, amebiasis. Giardiasis.c. Viruses EbV, HHV-6, HHV-8, CMV, St Louis Encephalitis, West Nile, Powasan Encephalitis and other viral encephalopathies ?XMRVd. Candida and other fungi
- Immune Dysfunction – ANA+ RF+HLADR-4
- Inflammation IL-1, IL-6, TNF-a- Sickness syndrome
- Toxicity – Multiple Chemical sensitivity, Environmental Illnesses, Heavy Metals, Mold and Neurotoxins
- Allergies- Foods, drugs, environmental....
- Nutritional and Enzyme deficiencies/functional medicine abnormalities in biomedical pathways
- Mitochondrial Dysfunction
- Endocrine d/o
- Sleep disorder
- ANS dys (f)
- Elevated LFT's
- Drug use/addiction
- Deconditioning need for PT
MSIDS(Horowitz 2009) would better define chronic Borrelia and Co -infections, who suffer with chronic fatigue, muscle and joint pain, neuropathy and neuropsychiatric abnormalities. These patients have multiple overlapping etiologies responsible for their symptoms.
Go to the second video on this link and scroll to 23:36 to hear the whole presentation here
For all patients with Chronic Lyme Disease, Autoimmune Disorders, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Environmental Illnesses, Multiple Chemical sensitivity, Autism Spectrum Disorder this presentation is a must watch.