Monday 23 August 2010

XMRV-HGRV ME/CFS/LYME DISEASE UPDATE

Posted on Madison area Lyme Support group see here

Second email:
Hello!Thanks for letting me know there is a buzz about this going on.I am not part of the WPI (Whittemore Peterson Institute) but I do have an interest in HGRV (formerly known as XMRV) because I strongly believe it is an important contributor to what we know as chronic Lyme. I also believe it is involved in some way with autism and CFIDS, and possibly other so-called “neuroimmune diseases”.What is needed to further the study of HGRV is to set up clinical trials, because so far, all formal work on this virus is being done in the labs. To accomplish this, we are in the process of setting up a clinical working group, to consist of an alliance between researchers and clinicians. I was invited to join this group- of course, I accepted.That is the scoop- please feel free to forward this note to any interested parties.Thanks!Dr. B…………………….!
Contact Colleen Nicholson 516-286-7196
Research Assistant to Dr. Burrascano, MD
burraj51@bigplanet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment